As you know, the Blackberry smart phone is a good companion. Every user finds no reason not to have internet connection on his/her Blackberry smart phone. Most mobile users go for the Blackberry smart phone and with the new Blackberry, every website or blog strive to have there content delivered via an application to make it easier for there readers to get there updated content. To have a Blackberry mobile app for your blog/website will be great; this will help promote your blog/website. I will show you how you can create your own Blackberry app for your blog/website.
- First log on to http://www.blackberryappgenerator.com/blackberry, now click on the Create Your App button.
- Now enter your site address or your RSS feed or Atom feed then click on Add Content.
- In Content Name, type in the heading of your blog/website or the name you would like to give to your application then you can choose a layout of your application with a preview by the right side. After which you click on Done.
You can add more content source/website or blog and they will appear as other channels within your application.
- Select the language you want your content to be delivered in within your application and then click on Save & Continue.
- Accept the license agreement and click on Continue.
- Now you can edit your Title Banner, Header & Menu, and Link Text Colour and Upload your app Icon. Your can also edit your app name. Then click on Save & Continue.
- Fill in your details to get a BlackberryAppGenerator account.
- Select the category of your blog/website, this is the niche where your blog or website falls in, this will help users to search for your app on Blackberry Appworld. Then click on Save & Continue.
- Select free and click on Finish. Then make sure to verify your email address by opening and clicking on the link in the email sent to you.
- Now your app is ready for submission to the Blackberry Appworld. To be able to submit your app, you must have a Blackberry Vendor Portal account.
I hope this has been informative and helped you create your first Blackberry app.